Sunday, October 9, 2011

Aprilia Sonic 50


Scooter myself to nip to the shops, I have learned to love our sonic for its acceleration. It's not just pulling away from the cars when the lights change, but it is also catching up to the cars in front and overtaking them that really tickles me!

Hates.
I regret not transferring the warranty over when I bought the scooter. I still have time to do it but I hate to part with money and Aprilia want a whopping £30 off me just to change the name over. Not fair. So when the the speedo cable went at just 1000kms I decided to buy it myself. Then the winker relay went at 1200kms, then the front wheel bearing went, then the exhaust finally rotted away (at 7000kms)because of the rotten wet British weather. I had a new one fitted gaskets and all, then the tyre got punctured. "O.K" you may think. "It's just a puncture" which is just what it is. But I think dismantling the exhaust to remove the rear wheel is a bit extreme, especially when you have to order (and fork out for) new exhaust gaskets. Well, I have finally fallen out with my girlfriends' sonic. After its unreliability finally overcome me (because the starter motor has just packed up. "Use the kickstart"you say.

Model: Aprilia Sonic 50
Year: 2006
Category: Scooter
Rating: 60 out of 100. Show full rating and compare with other bikes
Engine and transmission
Displacement: 49.30 ccm (3.01 cubic inches)
Engine type: Single cylinder, two-stroke
Compression: 12.5:1
Bore x stroke: 40.0 x 39.2 mm (1.6 x 1.5 inches)
Fuel system: Carburettor. Dell’Orto PH BN 12
Lubrication system: Separate mixing with mechanical pump
Cooling system: Air
Transmission type,
final drive: Belt
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
Frame type: Split single cradle in high strength tubular steel.
Front tyre dimensions: 100/90-10
Rear tyre dimensions: 100/90-10
Front brakes: Single disc
Rear brakes: Expanding brake (drum brake)
Physical measures and capacities
Seat height: 770 mm (30.3 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall length: 1,680 mm (66.1 inches)
Other specifications
Starter: Electric & kick
Further information
Parts and accessories Check out parts and accessories from our other partners.
Ask questions Join the 06 Aprilia Sonic 50 discussion group.
Insurance, loans, tests Check out insurance here. Search the web for dealers, loan costs, tests, customizing, etc.
Related bikes List related bikes for comparison of specs

No comments:

Post a Comment